by Eileen ZhaoJuly 26, 2012
Panel on Challenges in Developing New Pain Therapies at Pain Conference Sept 13-14, San Francisco
Afferent, Structural Genomics Consortium, Eli Lilly, Pfizer Neusentis and AstraZeneca will speak together in a Panel Discussion on “Challenges in Developing New Therapies for Pain” at the Pain Research and Therapeutics Conference taking place on Sept 13-14, 2012 in San Francisco, CA.
Representatives from the leading companies are:
Bruce McCarthy, M.D., Chief Executive Officer, Afferent Pharmaceuticals
Chas Bountra, Chief Scientist, Nuffield Dept of Clinical Medicine, Structural Genomics Consortium
Stephen Peter Arneric, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow, Pain & Migraine Drug Hunting Team, Neuroscience Discovery, Eli Lilly and Company
Richard P. Butt, Ph.D., Director, Research Project Leader, Clinical Research, Pain and Sensory Disorders, Pfizer Neusentis
Tony W. Ho, M.D., Vice President, Clinical New Opportunities iMED, AstraZeneca
The panel discussion will focus on the following topics:
• Regulatory challenges
• New mechanisms: e.g., ion channels, anti-NGF therapies, etc.
• When is the optimal time to partner in the pain space?
• What are the challenges in translating preclinical efficacy results to clinical study results? What are opportunities to address challenges?
• How to best screen for a signal of efficacy in clinical studies?
• What is the utility of healthy volunteer vs. patient clinical studies in creating value?
• What is the value of proof-of-mechanism?
• What are the largest value inflections in the development of new treatments for pain?
GTC’s Pain Research and Therapeutics will discuss the latest breakthroughs, new drug targets, therapeutic approaches, preclinical and clinical development, and animal models, beyond traditional opiods, overcoming challenges in pain therapeutics, and much more. The conference is also a part of the 2nd CNS Diseases World Summit. The Summit brings together the leading experts across the industry and academia to discuss the latest research and developments in the CNS field. The summit has four parallel tracks that focus on neurodegenerative conditions, neuropsychiatric disorders, pain research and therapeutics and CNS partneriing and deal-making.
1) 6th Neurodegenerative Conditions Research and Development
2) 5th CNS Partnering and Deal-making
3) 2nd Neuropsychiatric Research and Development
4) Pain Research and Therapeutics
Join your colleagues at this exciting Pain Therapeutics conference and CNS summit, and hear from and meet with key representatives in the field including Charles B. Nemeroff at University of Miami, Stephen Brannan – VP at Takeda, Tony L. Yaksh at UCSD, Husseini Manji - Global Head of Neuroscience Therapeutic at Janssen, Barry Brand - Chief Executive Officer at CeNeRx, David Shelton at Pfizer, George Garibaldi - Global Head of CNS Clinical Development at F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Tony W. Ho - Vice President at AstraZeneca, Michael C. Venuti – CSO at NeuroTherapeutics, and many more!
For more information, please visit www.gtcbio.com
News Source: http://www.free-press-release.com/news-panel-on-challenges-in-developing-pain-therapies-at-pain-conference-sept-13-14-1343288871.html
Want your CV to reach potential employers around the world? Rezoomo, the biggest revolution in online CVs and recruitment will help job seekers build on online CV profile like no other.
Angelina Jolie says that she has had a preventive double mastectomy after learning she carried a gene that made it extremely likely she would get breast cancer.